- Rescue homeless dogs and cats and provide temporary quality care for them in foster homes until permament adoptive homes can be found
- Promote animal welfare through educational efforts and other services
- Reduce overpopulation in companion animals and feral cats through spay-neuter services
NMAF does not euthanize healthy animals except in cases of severe and untreatable medical or behavioral problems. Once a dog or cat is in our system, we do as much as possible to ensure that it finds a loving home and that its medical and behavioral needs are met.
Here is how YOU can make a difference:
- Adopt a pet
- Foster a dog or cat until an adoptive home can be found
- Donate funds
- Volunteer for office, adoption clinics, feral cat program, fundraisers, etc.
- Become a Member
Foster homes and volunteers are always needed:
Please call 881-7297 or fill out our Foster Interest Form for more information.
Surrendering your animal to NMAF:
There is a $50 surrender fee if your animal has not been spayed/neutered, micro-chipped, and does not have current vaccinations. If vaccinations are current and has been spayed/neutered and micro-chipped, a surrender fee is not required but a donation to assist NMAF with expenses related to fostering and the adoption will be greatly appreciated.