NMAF needs volunteers in a variety of areas including the following:
- Hands-on work as a foster parent.
- Work at our adoption clinics, transporting animals, and walking and socializing dogs at a kennel.
- Helping to staff our monthly feral cat spay/neuter clinic.
- Dog Training: You can help support New Mexico Animal Friends by providing in-home obedience and "good manners" training for dogs up for adoption. You must have references from dog trainers and advanced training skills in obedience work.
- Helping in the office to answer phones, do computer work, process paperwork, etc.
- Fundraising, media relations, coordinating programs, and helping with special events.
- Writing/editing publications and educational materials. We want to educate the public about the safety and well being of their companion animals.
If you are interested in volunteering, please print and fill out the Volunteer Survey and return it to:
P.O. Box 40189
Albuquerque, NM 87196